I suggest you ...

Offer a search engine feature that can look through all of TV Portal's sources for things that have not yet been added to the available list

This will make it easier for users to find shows or movies that are not currently available on TV Portal by creating an easy to use search engine that looks for the show/movie by going through the databases of the source websites that TV Portal collects from.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Juliette shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

A full version of TV Portal with every link from each of our sources will always be available outside of the Play Store.

Once we’re back in Play, we will have sources such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, Google Play, etc to watch content as well as our normal 3rd party links. If it is requested certain content is removed, we would rather err on the side of caution and completely remove that content from our app in Google Play. Again, there will always be a full version of TV Portal located outside of Play. Please like our Facebook page or join our new Google+ Community so we can keep you in the loop on where to find those.

Due to those reasons mentioned above, I am going to decline this idea. Please keep them coming though, this is a great start.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • STEVE WEST commented  · 

I NAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE TVP FOR WEEKS. ........I TELLS ME THERE ARE NO MIRRORS ON EVERYTHING !
        WHAT CAN I DO ?

• Juliette commented  · 

No, that is fine. Thank you very much for all your time and help. You guys have an amazing app and I look forward to its future updates.

• AdminMichael Lustig (MiTech Customer Service, MiTech LT) commented  · 

OK, I finally understand. However, once we upload back into Play, we will have one fallback, and that is to remove the content that was complained about or reported and carry on without trying to get too fancy. Keep in mind that we'll always host an unrestricted app outside of Play. I hope that clarifies our intentions. Please let me know if I can be more clear.

• Juliette commented  · 

It's not a list, just a search engine (like google) that people can type a TV show or movie's name into, and then the search engine pulls information from all of the sites that are used by TV Portal to get its content (the source repositories as you call it). This search then produces links to the content if it finds anything, but in this way TV Portal is not as directly responsible because it didn't have these links in its current list of available content... people have to manually type in the name/information of the content they want to try to find. I thougt it might be an easy thing to set up since the search engine would only be able to search from/through the websites TV Portal uses/input as options. I apologize if this is unrealistic and/or for being unclear. I had originally assumed that not everything from your source websites was available as TV Portal content and this would be a way to find things, as well as a kind of loophole as I tried to explain above.

Juliette, I might be just getting tired, but let me try and give this another go. Let's say company X makes us remove TV show Y. You'd like to see a list of all of those show Y's, correct?

The thing about TV Portal is that as soon as we add in repos, we index ALL of their content, so there won't be anything "left under the rug," if you will.

Again, sorry I'm still missing the point. Please continue to point me in the right direction, I promise I'll get it.

• Juliette commented  · 

Almost... I think of it not so much as a way to add to TV Portal as a way to use its source websites/repositories to find things that TV Portal doesn't have listed (for example, if you are asked by a company to remove links to a certain movie or series, that way there is a kind of loophole where users can use this collective sources search engine to still find the links manually in a user friendly way), but it could certainly be a way for users to help find things for TV Portal itself as you suggest.

I understand now. You'd like to see a list of everything we don't have so you can help us get sources for those shows?

You're right in assuming that the sites we are about to add to our source repositories will more than likely include shows like The Adams Family and older Dr. Who episodes, but that's an interesting idea. Keep them coming!

• Juliette commented  · 

(I might also be confused, perhaps TV Portal already lists all available shows from the source websites, but you guys mention about adding -or removing- shows/movies so I assumed that meant it was a more manual process, meaning things might not have been included)

• Juliette commented  · 

No, it would be a way to search for shows or movies that are not listed at all yet within TV Portal (like The Adams Family, or the older Dr. Who episodes) but that may be posted already to the various websites you guys get your sources from

Juliette, I'm a little confused by your idea. Are you talking about some way to look at the shows we have listed, but don't have any sources for? The examples I can think of off the top of my head are Mythbusters and Numb3rs. Thanks for any clarification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base